Alright, this is Part 3 of my “How To Create Email Autoresponder Series with Drip” blog posts.
What we’ve accomplished in the previous segments:
- Understand why we’re using Drip
- Signed up for Drip free account
- Used Drip Pre-Written Email Blueprint and Published Your First Autoresponder Email with link to a social proof blog post.
What to accomplish in this third segment:
- Publish Your First Autoresponder series. By saying that we will:
- Continue Working on Your Email Autoresponder Series
- Take Control of Your Content
- Make an Offer to Your Readers
- Set Up Your Autoresponder Series Delays
- Complete Details of the Autoresponder Series
And also, if you haven’t downloaded a step-by-step checklist to use along with this tutorials, click here.
Alright, let’s continue.
Continue Working on Your Email Autoresponder Series
- After you clicked the second email, you will see something similar to the first email. We will swipe our content in this pre-written email and make it ours.
At this stage, you might think that it’s tedious. I’d say “somewhat yes” But this is the work you will have to do it “one” time.
Once you set it up, then it works for you 24/7 even when you’re sleeping. That’s the beauty of email automation.
Now swipe your content in. Remember, you can use my mockup content to complete this tutorial. If you haven’t download it, click here.
Note: If you feel lost and have no idea what I’m talking about, get to read the first segment of this series here
- Check my swipe content, you will see that I’m offering my readers “sneak peek” to my second and third chapter of The Art of Job Hopping.
People love exclusive content and “sneak peek” stuff. It excites them.
So here I’m including a hyperlink to my another blog post that talks about chapter 2 and chapter 3. Let’s highlight “chapter 2 and chapter 3” and click the “chain” button to create a link
- In the popup window, type in URL that leads to the sneak peek blog post. (my mocked-up URL is www.TheArtofJobHopping.com/Blog/Ch2Ch3SneakPeek) Then click “Insert”
- Simple, simple, simple, you see we get the second email is much faster than the first one. Glance through the content, if you’re satisfied with it then click “Save & Publish”
- Then click “Back to Emails”
- Now you see that the second email is now “bold” too, and its status changed to Published. Great job.
Let’s click the third email.
Take Control of Your Content
- Look at the content of the third pre-written email. It’s quite boring and duplicated with the second email. I think I’ll just skip it.
The point I’m trying to make here is that you don’t need to follow everything that Drip pre-wrote for you. You can skip when you see appropriate.
After all, It’s your product, it’s your business, it’s you call.
Let’s click “Back to Emails”
- On the third email’s row, click “Remove” button
- A popup window will appear asking you if you’re sure you want to remove this email. Thanks for asking. We’re certain here. Click “Yes”
- Back to “Email” page again. You can see from the screenshot that the original third email is gone. The previously forth email is now a new third email.
Let’s click on the new third email.
Make an Offer to Your Readers
- On the last pre-written email, the content looks pretty good. Because it made clear that we’re making an offer to the readers.
You want to direct your readers to your sale page and make a purchase.
Again, swipe your own content in if you want. If not, use mine here
- Now, this is a very important step. You will create a hyperlink to your sale page.
Highlight the “Click here to buy ……..” and click the “chain” button.
- Same old popup. You include URL of your sale page (my mocked-up sale page URL is www.TheArtofJobHopping.com/Buy) in the web address box and click “Insert”
- Alright, check your content and if you’re happy, click “Save & Publish”
- Then click “Back to Emails”
Set Up Your Autoresponder Series Delays
- This is an optional step. You can change the duration between emails by changing the “Delay Between Emails”.
Here, I change the delay between the first email and second email from 2 days to 3 days. So type in 3 instead of 2 in the box (See the screenshot)
- When you’re happy with all the emails content and the delays, click “Next”
Complete Details of the Autoresponder Series
- Now we’re on a pretty big page. Don’t be scared. It’s not as complicated as it looks.
What you need to fill out is the two red boxes that I indicated “Fill this up”
– Public name: This is the name of the campaign that your subscribers will see. Pick a nice one when you do the real one. For now, you can stick with “Awesome Automation Campaign”
– “From” Name: This is basically the sender name in emails that subscribers will see. Just put in your own name, your business name, or your brand. From my experience, a human name works best. People love receiving an email from a human than from a cold business entity.
– “From” Email: This is an email address that you want subscribers to see. Again, human name email works best. Adam@TheArtofJobHopping.com works far better than info@TheArtofJobHopping.com.
– Postal Address: Include your real physical address here will make your subscribers feel they’re dealing with a real person or real business, not just some kids behind a keyboard playing around.
– What time of day should we send email?: This is a very thoughtful feature of Drip. People in different interest and industry tends to open email at different times of the day. You will want to experiment/optimize the sending time so that your emails are on the top of their inbox, and not get buried and lost. For now, just pick any time of day.
Cool, that’s all you need to fill up. Don’t touch anything else on the page, at least for now.
Click the “Activate” button to activate this campaign.
- Now you see our “Awesome Automation Campaign” has become “Active” and ready to send out automated emails at any time.
The next step is to get some subscribers on Drip and we’re good to go. Click “Subscribers”
Alright, a lot has been done in this segment. Remember, all these actions are bringing you closer to the success of your business. Keep up the good work.
In Part 4 of this tutorial, we will start working on creating subscriber list, which is also the heart and soul of email marketing.
Let me know what you think about this tutorial so far by commenting below.